Powered By Blogger

Friday 20 April 2018

The deceit of being high




THE DECEIT OF BEING HIGH



            People gets high believing it will make them flow well in whatever they are doing.
I discovered that people who get high on substance are people with inferiority complex. In their normal self, they can’t really get along with people; it is either they are socially awkward, shy, or can’t stand up to a situation so they look for something to get high on (drugs, alcohol, weeds etc.) and when these substance fade from them, it leaves them empty and they lose confidence to who they really are.
I grew up with an uncle who smokes and drink, he would come home with some friends who has the same habit and the funny part is that I will be the one to go and buy cigarette for them but whenever I return, he will call me back and warn me saying “the day I will see you smoke will be the day you will see my wrath” and I just say in my mind “why do you send me on errands to go buy cigarette for you and your friends if you don’t want me to be like you?”. My uncle was very stubborn and arrogant, there would be case that happened as a result of him fighting, and there would be time of him being arrested as a result of some drugs found with him. Sometimes I would wonder, if he doesn’t want to be arrested why couldn’t he just stop and live like a normal person. I didn’t know there was an addiction until a day when I heard him telling grandma “I would really want to stop being high of substance, I am tired because it is taking a lot from me. I want to be normal but it is hard, momma please keep praying for me”.

            “Getting high is a spirit that visits a person and drains a lot while leaving that person”. It is better not to start at all than to start thinking and hoping that someday you may find solution to quench the addiction.

            I got admission into school and met with some guys who I became friends with and these sets of guys where chronic smokers in fact there was no topic interesting to them except it has to do with getting high. Anything they do must be related to drugs. They want to cook they must put substance, they want to drink even soft drink they must put substance, they want to go out they must take something to be able to socialize well especially when planning to get a lady that day. Truth was I was with them all along, I became something else. I did all sort of nonsense with them but I began to discover that I was gradually losing my confidence. Before I could talk and relate with people normally but it was hard this time because I thought I needed the help of drugs to do that. There was a day a friend followed me to my lecture hall and while the lecturer was teaching, she called out both of us to stand and face the class, that was when I discovered that my friend was shaking and sweating, he was afraid and shy, he couldn’t raise his head up to look at the crowd. In my mind I was wondering “is this not the same person that can talk to any girl anywhere and anytime, is this not the same person that can relate socially to the crowd?” What happened? We weren’t high that day. I was embarrassed because his own inferiority complex affected me and I was stammering and not able to speak well when the lecturer asked us a question. I got home that day and was angry but he got home and got high and began to say how he was just acting like a gentle man trying not to show that he could talk but in my mind I knew that was a lie. It was inferiority complex.

I was invited to a Sunday service and I heard a parable that made me to think twice. The apostle Johnson Suleiman said “when you were young you are allowed to use pencil to write in order to be able to erase any mistake being made but when you grow up, you no longer use pencil but biro hence when you make any mistake, you won’t be able to erase it”. Others may have just gone there to listen but what I heard affected me so much that I couldn’t sleep at night. I then took a stand knowing that if I don’t stop at this early stage I won’t be able to stop when I become a chronic addict to substance.

Whoever, wherever and whatever you are please you don’t need drugs. It distracts, destroys and dictates your life for you

Some people have been destroyed with the belief that taking alcohol is a remedy for some illness.
Some people are so alcoholic to the extent that they now take alcohol to gain balance. They are actually three kinds of people that alcohol has taking over:

  • a.      The drinker: These kinds of persons are those that only drink when the need arises, they see no other reason to drink except they are in parties or they are out with their friends. This set of people thinks they are better than others when it comes to the aspects of drinking. They go with the phrase which says “I drink responsibly, I don’t drink like a fool, I am not a drunkard and I can buy one drink and responsibly drink it in my house, I know myself” and when you talk to them they say once in a time man just need to get high. You get high yes, but what about the people around you, what about those who have confide in you and told you their deepest secret, what about children who wants to be like you, what about your manners, are you not concern you might beat up your wife and kids, are you not concern you might fight your father and beat up your mum. But NO, all you think is just you and yourself.

  • b.      The drunkard: these set are the ones who drink to stupor, they drink believing that will make them forget their sorrow. Drinking becomes a habit and a lifestyle to them since it is the only thing that gives them joy. They go with the phrase which says “drink harp and be happy, drink guilder and your life will be good, drink star and shine, drink beer and you’ll be able to bear all your pain” they always have excuse and reasons for drinking. They drink and fall from right to left and vice versa. As a matter of fact they think they can inspire people when they drink, they think that drinking is the right channel of getting inspiration. Their kids see them and divert in order not to identify them as their parents, brothers/sisters prevents them in order to avoid issues, even those quarreling settles by themselves in order not to complicate and worsen the issues that led to the quarrel. I would have say all they think about is themselves but NO, these set of people have been so taking by alcohol that they don’t think at all, they only hallucinate. Alcohol has so much perverted their minds to make them think they have everything and that they are the solution to people’s problem.

  • c.       The drunk: these sets of persons have been so intoxicated by alcohol that if possible they can turn water into beer. The drinker drinks for special occasion, the drunker drinks to stupor but the drunk drinks to gain balance. Without alcohol, you will find them falling right to left and vice versa, as a matter of fact, they can wake up from sleep and begin to fall and stagger until they drink alcohol they can’t stand straight. They don’t need alcohol to stagger rather they need alcohol to enable them walk straight. You can’t find them without a bottle, take one bottle from them and you will find ten bottles.

There was a man who was in my area who was a perfect example of a drunk. This man drinks spirits as if its water. I was shocked the day I got to know his family, the man has sons, daughters and a wife but whenever his children see him they act as if they don’t know him, even the man himself act as if he doesn’t know his children. It was as if he was a father to them but not their father. The man staggers and fall whenever he is drunk and people will abuse him even children says all sort of rubbish and his kids are ashamed to even identify him as their father talk less of defend him.
Now that is what drunkenness can do, it comes but when leaving it takes everything from you. Your pride, respect, health, family, finance etc. it even takes you from you (your true self). But guess what, all these did not start in one day, it started gradually. It may be during those days in school, it may be in the street, it may be with his friends, it may be anywhere and now it has led him to nothing. There would have been a time where someone would have advised him but he didn’t listen.

Please if you must be anything avoid being high. People have lost esteem, some have died, some committed suicide as a result of alcohol which led to depression, and some have missed opportunities. No CEO who wants his organization to grow will employ a man that drink. And don’t be deceived by saying “I don’t drink much and I don’t smoke much” or “I don’t drink always or I don’t smoke all the time” drunkard do not drink according to their capacity but according to their pockets as a matter of fact no one have drink capacity and that’s why people who have been drinking for over 20 years still drink and stagger, have accidents, fight, talk nonsense, abuse people etc. it will be a big shame when people began to say; he died a drunker, oh that man that always drink and stagger died after smoking and drinking alcohol, died from a sickness he got due to the consumption of alcohol and Indian hemp.

You are still young now, it is time to make a stand against being high on substance, it will be too late when you are old, and you may not even get old to tell the story. Before you get high, just sit down and ask yourself “is this what I have come to this life to do?”  .

I know I have been talking about alcohol and you may say it doesn’t affect me because I don’t drink but you can actually connect it to everything that concerns you. Yes you may not be a drunker but what about smoking, what about pride, what about immorality, what about lies, what about stealing, what about drugs etc. there are so many deceit in whatever category you fall in that you can stand up to correct today in your life. How will your children and grandchildren feel and think of you when they find out that you are a lying father/grandfather and mother/grandmother. How will you feel when your pride is the reason for the downfall of a man who later rose up to become the employer of you or your children? As a lecturer how will you feel when your son impregnates a girl that has done 5 abortions for you? How will you feel when your child age mate embarrasses you because you stole from them? How will you feel when your little daughter died from the remaining drugs you forgot on your desk? Off course you will say GOD FORBID but these are the deceit that comes along every nonsense will find ourselves doing.

Falling is not what matters but the right mind of wanting to correct these things. Think about the advantages and disadvantages and choose what is right. Others are doing it does not mean you should. We were not born the same day and even if we were born the same day we were not born the same minute and even if we were born the same minute we were not born by the same mothers and even if we were born by the same mothers we were not born for the same reason and even if we were born for the same reason we were not born for the same assignment and even if we were born for the same assignment we were can’t produce the same result even if we produces the same result we can’t have the same grades and even if we have the same grades you can’t be me and I can’t be you and even if you are like me and I am like you we are not one.

The deceit is appealing but it is still a deceit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Atiku Floors Buhari Inside Aso Rock Polling Unit

The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar, today defeated President Muhammadu Buhari in one of the two p...