Powered By Blogger

Friday 12 January 2018

To begin success
                                        

“Success is a journey, not a destination” quoted by MAVIS PARIS IYAMU.

The first sign that you’re succeeding is that you’ve failed before and you’re still bouncing back.
Things to know on the journey of success
1.      Never be afraid to make mistakes:
            Those who are afraid of mistakes are people who may never amount to something good in life. They tend to struggle doing the wrong but easy things in life, they do things that they are comfortable with so because of that they stay on one spot, they don’t think about moving forward to try something new because they’re afraid they might fail or make mistakes.
“Until you’re uncomfortable with the former and thrive to attain the latter you can’t move to the latter. It is not wrong to fail it is only wrong to stop trying when you fail.
2.      Never listen to those who are afraid to try:
            In my young life, I have participated in so many things that people think does not matter or does not add value to my life. Someone was asking me if I was going to while away my time going to school and I replied him ‘I’m not wasting my time going to school because I won’t be the same when I am finally done’, he laughed and said what if I could not meet up with those who are highflyers and I said to him that is not your decision to make, let me try first, but one thing I did for sure was to prepare while trying and today I may have not gotten to the peak but I have learnt things that his brain cannot comprehend.
“If must listen to fools, learn from them how not to be a fool and if you must listen to the wise, learn from them how to be wise” quoted by MAVIS PARIS IYAMU.
3.      Learn as you try:

In the course of succeeding, learn all you need from mistakes, from those who has achieved and done what you’re trying to achieve.
I started learning fashion and design in a tailoring house but I wanted to quit learning after the first two weeks because my master would yell on me, insult and abuse me forgetting that I just started. One of the reasons why I stayed was because I was threatened at home that if I quit I will never be given money to learn anything again and I will never get support when I decide to go to school, so I patient and endured all the abuse I received from my master. But I sat down one day to think if I was going to bear all the abuse for nothing so I thought to myself if I can receive insult and abuse because of some mistakes I do at work I can also learn repeating the same mistakes at home without abuse. So I gather money and began to buy textiles materials, I would take these materials home and measure, cut and sew them myself. I spoilt about 4 to 5 materials just from learning only how to sew them. I was improving, but I wanted more so I would meet some friends who are good in tailoring to put me through some of the things I didn’t know how to do. I learnt a lot from my mistakes and from those who have got to the stage where mistake is rare.
4.      Be focus and determined:
“Whatever is not your intention should not caught your attention”
The reason why people fail is because they are not focus and the reason why people are not focus is because they are not determined. For example a person who have dreamed of becoming a future lawyer now found himself studying medicine because he want to study what his friends are studying may not be serious in the field of medicine and may eventually fail.
People tend to be focus when they are determined and people tend to be determined when they have a purpose. Anyone who can define his or her purpose in doing something will eventually be able to finish what he or she has started. Even if he has not gotten to the peak of what he want, but a foundation has been laid down. “when you take a step, even if you’re not where you ought to be, but you won’t be where you use to be if you have a purpose” quoted by MAVIS PARIS IYAMU.
5.      Try new things:
“If you don’t try new things, you won’t know new things”.
The world is now a global village, things are not only changing but time and people are also changing. You should not be living in an analog mindset when others are using digital method.
If you try something that didn’t work out twice, rather than giving up, the best thing is to try it again and again but using different method. Now, the only way people are going to buy you and your ideas is when you bring it open in another format.
It is said that nothing is new on the surface of the earth but I can tell you that something’s are new. Things like method. The method and process which you do things can make a difference in your life.
I read the story about joseph in the bible but the part that shocked me the most is the part where he stored food for seven years. Imagined a man storing perishable and non-perishable goods for 7 years without electricity or refrigerator. The story so much affected my thinking and I began to realize that nothing is new but only method are new because joseph could store food and we can also store food for 7 years but joseph method of storing things was different from our modern day method of storing things because now there are refrigerators and there is electricity. So trying new things opens you to know the dos and don’ts of accomplishing the best.

6.      Think:
A twelve years old boy was upstairs  in his room and his mother was calling him “Johnny Johnny come downstairs” and the boy shouted “mummy leave me alone, I am thinking or don’t you think?.
It is said that the brain has over 10 billion ideas each 24 hours but some people are not even using 1 percent of these ideas because they don’t think. Thinking alone is not enough but thinking the right thing. In the journey of success, a man got to think and think properly, because when you think you begin to get ideas that will amaze you.
In thinking, they are certain principles that should be adopted in thinking properly and productively such as thinking and writing, thinking in quiet places, thinking at night, thinking and not murmuring or complaining.
A man said “write it down, study it, plan it and work on it”.
Note: in order to think fruitful, stop feeding your mind with non-sense.

7.      Do not try to please people:
In the course of trying to please people, some person have lost passion, focus and determination. They are so use to the mindset of ‘what will people say?, what will people think?’ forgetting that nobody really care about you. If you succeed, you succeed. If you fail, you fail.
In the journey of success, 2 things will come your way:
a.      Compliment
b.      Condemnation
Do not give attention to these two things.
A great man, APOSTLE JOHNSON SULEMAN once said “people will always talk because talk is cheap”.
What people say should not bother you when you’re working toward success path.

Some people think that by being successful, you can as well prove people wrong that you’re not a failure. That mindset is wrong. Some say they will shame their enemies once they are successful by showing them that they can make it and that will make their enemies respect and see the good in them. THAT IS A LIE. Do not be successful because you want to prove people wrong but be successful because you need success. Because no matter what and where you are people must talk and criticize you. So rather than live to please people and fail, live to displease people and succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Atiku Floors Buhari Inside Aso Rock Polling Unit

The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar, today defeated President Muhammadu Buhari in one of the two p...